Why Volunteer at the Berkeley?
- By volunteering, you can make a real difference to someone’s life
- Volunteering builds a caring society of active citizens
- Opens up an exciting network of people and experiences
- Is a tool for personal development; improves many skills
- Widens participation and tackles social exclusion
- Makes an economic impact; volunteering contributes £4.8 billion – to the economy and is the fastest growing job sector Enhances your employability. 73% of employers would choose a candidate with volunteer experience over one without, 58% say voluntary work
- experience can be more valuable than paid employment and 94% believe volunteering can add skills
- It can influence your career choice, boosts your CV and leads to references
- Opens up a whole range of new challenges and opportunities
- Give you a sense of intangible satisfaction and an increased sense of self worth and accomplishment
- Can reduce stress
- Can be great fun!
If you would like to know more about volunteering at the Berkeley, please get in touch. You can download a volunteer-application-form, call us on 01291 623216 or fill in our contact form